Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Tradition

This Christmas will be the 3rd without Erik.  So hard to believe.  Anyway, over the last 2 years, I've tried to come up with a way to remember and honor Erik during Christmas.  I bought special ornaments to put on our tree.  I still hang his stocking. We buy a Christmas flower for his grave.  All of these things still didn't seem like enough.

As I was browsing in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago, I noticed some mini ornaments on an aisle near the normal Christmas stuff.  I first spotted some John Deere ornaments and that's when it hit me.  I wanted to get Erik a mini tree for our house.  I hand my hands full of John Deere stuff when I spotted the cowboy/country stuff.  I immediately put all the JD stuff back and got every cowboy themed ornament that Hobby Lobby had.  Those ornaments definitely screamed "Erik".  $70 later, I was ready to start a new tradition.

I'm not one who likes to rush Christmas, so we didn't get Erik's tree up and decorated until last night.  I probably would've waited a little longer, but Erik's VERY impatient sisters couldn't wait any longer.

Here are the pictures Kyle took last night as we were decorating....



















I think his tree turned out perfect <3 ! 

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It is perfect! I think the cowboy theme is a great idea for his tree- adorable! We do a little tree for Ellie too... we were still in so much shock at Christmastime last year that we didn't even have the heart to put up our big tree. But when I was at Target one day, I saw these little trees- so I got one pink and one purple. The pink one goes out to the cemetery with her, and the purple says at home with us. I love that your girls helped decorate it- I'm sure it felt good for them to do something for their bro!

Kelly L Boots said...

It turned out so nice!

Natasha said...

Love his tree! It's so beautiful and the girls look so cute in the picture of them both standing next to it!

Hoping this Christmas is a peaceful one for you....xoxo