Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Thankful for... Day 27



November 27, 2011

Today I'm thankful for my brothers - in - law, Phil and Shanon.

I've known both of them nearly my entire life and I'm so grateful that they chose to be a part of my family - even though I know they wish they would've thought a little harder before saying "I do".  LOL

Phil and I can aggravate each other to no ends!! He swears he can beat me in anything and we all know it's not true!!  Funny story - when I was around 15 or 16, Jen and Phil invited me to go to the mtns. with them.  I was happy to tag along.  Phil challenged me to ice skating, luge racing, wrestling - you  name it, he thought he could beat me.  Anyway, he thought it'd be a good idea to attempt to put me in a figure four at our hotel room one night, well the people beside us obviously didn't enjoy our loudness and came knocking on our door.  The older gentleman said (and I quote) "youth is great, but we're trying to get some sleep over here"  Bahahahahahaha!!! We still joke about that one to this day.  Oh and in case you were wondering - he never did put me in that figure four!!

Shanon and I kid around too.  His nickname for me is "flick".  Don't ask why because I have no clue!!! I love to aggravate Shanon and will never forget a night I spent the night with him and Kelley when I was younger.  It was when Scream first came out.  I can remember Shanon sitting in his recliner holding one of those mini wooden bats from a Braves game.  He was terrified!!! I still kid him about that.

The real reason I am so thankful for these men is because they loved my boy with everything in them.  Both of them treated him like their own and would've done anything in the world for him (they'd do the same for my girls too).  Either one of them would be there for me in a heartbeat and it's not very often you have that.

Thank you Phil and Shanon for putting up with my sisters as long as you have!!!  Love y'all!

No comments: