Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm Thankful for... Day 15



November 15, 2011

Today.  The day I dread all year long.  The day I kissed my first born child - my only son goodbye.  Today, I am thankful for the 5 years, 2 months and 15 days that he was mine.


Erik changed my life.
Erik made me a mother.  

Erik taught me what love really meant.
Erik brought so much joy and happiness into my life when I thought my life had no purpose.
He was my knight in shining armor.
He was my best friend.

There hasn't been a single day in the past 730 days that I haven't thought about him, missed him and longed to have him back.  Even after 2 years, I continue to wake up praying that all of this has been some terrible nightmare.  I still have hope that Erik will coming running into the house at any second and throw his arms around my neck.

I long for the day that those sweet little arms are around my neck.

Erik -
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are grey.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you -
please don't take my sunshine away.

I love you to the moon and back buddy!!!
I miss you so very much.
Your sisters talk about you all the time and I hope that through the stories I tell them, I can make them see what a wonderful big brother you are.







5 comments:

brigette said...

Prayers are with you and your sweet family on this hard day. Anniversarry dates can be so hard so please know you are in my prayers today and always. Love these pictures of sweet Erik!!

Anonymous said...

Your posts about your son always pulls at my heart strings. I could never imagine the pain you must be feeling but I am praying for you and your family daily. He was such a handsome little boy. Your story has made me hug my boys a little bit tighter and a little bit longer. Your family is always in my thoughts. Love the pictures.

Kelly L Boots said...

Thinking about you today and always.

Tiffany said...

Thinking of you today and wishing for peace. He is such a handsome guy.

Ashley said...

He is just one of the cutest little boy I have ever seen. I thought about you all day yesterday ((HUGS))