Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm Thankful for.... Day 8



November 8, 2011

Today I am thankful for music.  I love country music.
It seems like I can relate almost every song on the radio to some part of my life.

Erik also loved music.  He started sleeping with a radio in his room when he was around 2 years old.  He told me later on that he would lay there and listen to music so he could learn all of the words.  He knew them too!!

I remember when Big Green Tractor first came out.  I had just gotten my van and Erik was sitting in the back singing it at the top of his lungs.  I looked at him and said "Boy, how do you know all of the words to this song?"  He simply said "Mama, I listen to my radio all the time!"

Big Green Tractor has pretty much seen it's time on the radio.  It still comes on, but not like it use too.  On the rare occasion that I hear it on the radio, my eyes immediately go to the back seat of my van.  Hoping and praying that I see that brown eyed little boy singing at the top of his lungs again...

1 comment:

brigette said...

Oh how I love country music!! It is such a joy! What a great thing you had with sweet Erik