Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School!!!


08.20.12

I can not even believe I’m titling a blog post this.  How can my little babies be old enough to start school?!

They have been so excited to go to big girl school and seeing the excitement in their faces has definitely be good for my heart – even though I knew this day wasn’t going to be easy.

Both girls got up without a fight this morning, which I was so thankful for!  They got dressed and ate breakfast and were ready to go before 7 a.m.  I hadn’t quite planned for that!  I expected to be rushing around and running late!  The only time I had any trouble out of them was when it came to taking pictures.  Kaitlyn didn’t want to smile because she said we got her up to early and she wasn’t ready to smile.  Drama much?!


She ended up changing her attitude when she remembered the sign she was going to get to hold when I was taking their “ready for school” pictures.




We were so early for school that I had time to go through town and fill my car up with gas and then we sat in the car for a few minutes once we got to the school.  The girls were so excited to get out and go in, that I finally just took them early. 

Their back packs are HUGE!!  And of course Kaitlyn is trying to take hers off because she didn’t want to walk in front of me so I could take their picture.

Their teacher had hall duty so she was waiting out in the hall for them.  We unloaded all of their supplies and managed to snap one more picture before I left them for the day.


They hugged my neck like they had been doing this school thing all their lives.  I didn’t want to let go, but I knew the quicker I left, the easier it would be on all of us.

I got to the car and lost it!  :( I was so upset that I was dropping my babies off for big girl school, but more than that, I was upset for what I didn’t get to do.  I should’ve been able to walk Erik into his first day of 3rd grade.  I should’ve been able to embarrass him in front of his friends by demanding he give me a goodbye kiss.  Instead, all I have is short time in Kindergarten to remember.  It hurt even more that Kaitlyn & Sienna’s class is directly across from the classroom where I walked Erik into three years ago.  Such bittersweet moments.

One day at a time.  That’s all I can do.

I teared up off and on during the drive to work.  And it seemed that the 2 hours and 50 minutes the girls were in school were the longest minutes of my life!  I was a nervous wreck thinking about them getting on the daycare bus without me and then riding with complete strangers to a strange place.  I honestly don’t think I took a breath until I knew they were at the daycare safe and sound!  Luckily, a friend of mine who works at the daycare called me and let me know that they had gotten there and were doing great.  Such a relief when fears are eased!

I also got a phone call from their principal, who is also a great friend, that the girls had a great first day.  So reassuring!

Anyway – I made the girls take an after school picture for comparison’s sake…



I have never been more excited to see these precious faces as I was today!  Kyle got off of work before I did, so he went and picked them up from daycare.  I waited on the front porch until they got home and started with my questions as soon as opened the truck door.  Bless ;)

The funniest part was when I asked Kaitlyn about the bus ride and she said “Mama, we tried to buckle up, but the school bus didn’t have seatbelts.  We didn’t see no policeman and we didn’t wreck.  How about that?!”  It was hilarious!  Sienna didn’t really have much to say other than she had fun and wanted to do it again tomorrow.

Here’s to hoping Day 2 is as easy as Day 1 was!! 

No comments: