Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Savannah, GA Re-Cap

Kyle and I took a mini, child free!!!! vacation to Savannah, GA earlier in the week.  I surprised Kyle with tickets to see Daniel Tosh for Valentine's and the trip just happened to be around our anniversary.  Nothing like knocking out two occasions with one present!! Ha!

Neither of us have every been to Savannah, so it was pretty nice to explore and enjoy the city together.  We got to Savannah later in the evening on Monday and after dropping our bags off at our hotel, we took off straight for River Street.  After walking past several different restaurants and not being able to decide what we wanted more, we settled on Tubby's.  We chose to dine outside facing the river and it was beautiful.  The food was great and it was nice to be able to actually enjoy a meal without having to argue with the girls about who was going to sit next to who or begging them to take "just one more bite."  We walked around a little more after finishing dinner, but Kyle and I were both pretty tired, so we called it a night before 10 p.m.  Sad, I know!!! No kids, a few drinks and a hotel room and we were both asleep before 11 p.m.  I guess that's what happens when you get old!!


Savannah River Bridge


We passed this chalkboard wall on the way back to the hotel.  I, of course, couldn't pass up a chance to write my boy's name.  Kyle wasn't fond of the idea of our last name (my blog) being in some random place, so he erased my blog address.


On Tuesday, we got up early and drove out to Tybee Island.  I was beyond excited about seeing the ocean and putting my feet in the sand.  The beach was as beautiful as everyone had said it was and stepping onto the sand was wonderful.  I don't care how old I get, the ocean will NEVER get old and I will always get excited when I know I get to see the beach!

This will never get old!!




I never realized that writing names in the sand was so hard.  I attempted to do Erik's name about 20 times and had all intentions of doing other kids' names, but I was too worried about perfection, so I did Erik a few times and gave up.


River Street during the day (Savannah River Bridge)

Downtown Savannah

Tuesday night we walked over to the civic center to see Daniel Tosh perform in his Tosh Tour Twenty Twelve.  As always, he was hilarious.  He told some pretty sick jokes and I'll admit, at times, I was getting pissed (he started talking about kids dying), but I know being rude, obnoxious and sometimes cruel is what he does.  We had a great time and I'm so glad I jumped online and got those tickets.

Headed to see Tosh!

The view from our seats
We headed back to SC on Wednesday :(  We had all intentions of exploring Savannah more before we left, but the temperature dropped and we weren't prepared for the colder weather.  There will definitely be another trip to Savannah in our future and we may or may not take the girls!!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like so much fun! So jealous you got a vaca with your hubby - we SO need one. I love the pictures of Savannah.

LOVE the picture of you guys on the beach!! :)

Priscilla said...

Glad you guys had a great time!!! And Tosh! How fun!

April Clamp said...

Glad yall had a great time!