Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I'm reminded of you...

All of these songs have special meaning to me.  I either think of Erik every time they come on the radio or I can hear him singing them sitting in the back of my van.  Along with Clemson and John Deere Tractors, He loved country music!!  And occasionally liked to "rock out" to some other songs just to make me and Kyle laugh.

Before you click on the links (if you do), be sure to pause the player at the bottom of the page.

Jason Aldean - Big Green Tractor - his favorite song.  We played it at his funeral.  He learned the words faster than I did and I would tease him when he'd sing along and I couldn't keep up.  He told me "Mama,  I have a radio in my room and I listen to it all the time.  That's how I know the words and you don't"

Miranda Lambert - Over You

Kenny Chesney - Who You'd Be Today

Diamond Rio - One More Day - played at his funeral

Brad Paisley - When I Get Where I'm Going - played at his funeral

Toby Keith - Cryin' For Me

Nicol Sponberg - You Are My God - I had 2 ladies at our church sing this last year for Erik's birthday

Danny Gokey - I Will Not Say Goodbye

Rodney Atkins - He's Mine - I can't help but wonder if he would've been the teenager his Daddy was...

Rodney Atkins - Watching You - this was played at his funeral during the slideshow of pictures of Erik and Kyle

Adele - Make You Feel My Love - this was played along with pictures of me and Erik at his funeral

Kenny Chesney - There Goes My Life - this song came out around the time we were pregnant with Erik.  I couldn't help but relate to it since I was still young when I got pregnant with him.  It sucks to hear it now because I can give a whole new meaning to it. :(

Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings - he is definitely my hero!!

You Are My Sunshine - I sang this to him every single night while I rocked him to sleep.

I Will Carry You - Selah

A Little Bit Stronger - Sara Evans

If I Die Young - The Band Perry

If Heaven Wasn't So Far Away - Justin Moore

Hug Him Once For me


I can hear Erik singing these songs every time they play on the radio....

Tim McGraw - Last Dollar - I've got a video of this one and the next one

Brad Paisley - Mud on the Tires

Hank Williams, Jr. - Country Boy Can Survive - Erik would hear the intro to this song and get the same look on his face that the girls get now when they hear Big Green Tractor come on :)

Bubba Sparxx - Erik would make me play the first part over and over and over again.  He laughed like crazy every.single.time.

She's Country - Erik would ask me to blast this song in the car.  I'd turn it up and his head would start bobbing and he'd sing every single word as loud as he could.  I had (or may still have) a video of him and the girls dancing around the living room to this song.

What Do You Think About That?  - he'd sing this one as loud as he could too - cuss words and all - and yes, we laughed every time he did it too.  Sue me!






Photobucket

1 comment:

The Howard Bunch said...

Oh sweet Mama. My heart aches for you. One of my twins looks exactly like my son who passed away and there is some comfort in seeing him every day.