Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, August 15, 2011

So much for those plans

Those that know me, know that I am a BIG planner. I love to have things planned out and planning gives me an opportunity to get my mind off of things it shouldn't be on.

Well, Erik's 7th birthday is coming up in a matter of weeks - 2 to be exact. 6 months ago (if not longer) I had his whole celebration planned out. We were going to do 7 of his favorite things - some of which were playing baseball, swimming, going to church, eating lunch at the drug store, playing with sidewalk chalk, eating his favorite meal and I was stuck on what number 7 should be. Anyway, now that I'm doing invites for the celebration, none of these ideas sound good enough. Honestly, I'm not feeling the whole getting together thing with people period. I think I'd like to crawl in a hole somewhere until about January, 2012, but I know that wouldn't do me any good. Nor would it take all my pain away.

So now I'm back to the beginning and trying to figure out what would best honor my soon to be 7 year old angel. If only he were here, I wouldn't have to plan so hard because he'd know exactly what kind of birthday he'd want!

Today marks 21 long months without seeing his sweet face. I never in a million years thought I would see another day after losing Erik, but somehow, I've managed to see another 638 days.




No comments: