Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8/31/04

Tomorrow, my first born child will be 7 years old.  Or at least to me he will.  He's actually forever 5 in the arms of our God...

I can't believe that it's been 7 years since I entered Mommyhood.  It seems like it was forever ago!!!  I can remember being at work on 8/31/04 and looking at the calendar and saying it was only 5 more days until my due date.  I was "due" 9/4/04.  I guess Erik couldn't wait any longer to meet his Mommy and Daddy and decided to start his grand appearance a few days prior.  I worked all day just like usual and decided that since the day was quickly approaching that we (Me and Kyle) should probably hit up Walmart and stock our house since I wouldn't be grocery shopping for a long time once Erik got here.  I guess walking around Walmart for over 2 hours put my body in motion to start having my sweet boy.  It was 20 minutes after we got home that I started contracting.  They were erratic and nothing to be timed, but they were noticeable.  I don't even think I said anything to Kyle about them.  Maybe I did.  That detail slips my mind.

I just know that at 9:27 tonight, it will have been 7 years since I went into labor with my first born child.  My only son.  And now the Angel that watches over me every single day.

Damn.  I miss him more than any words can ever describe.



No comments: