Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

So busy!

I had big plans for posting regularly during 2012, but with work being crazy busy this month and the lack of computer time I'm getting at home, I've failed miserably.  Maybe one day I'll have time to be a dedicated blogger.

Anyway.  It's only the 12th of January and I've had sooooo much going on.  Last week my boss asked me to accompany him to a 2 week trial during the last 2 weeks of this month.  We've had multiple birthday parties to go to.  I started therapy last week.  Kyle, along with some guys from church, have joined a basketball league at the YMCA.  We got a new puppy.  Add in 2 kids, husband, home, church, family and I have no free time whatsoever.  I'm surprisingly ok with that, but I would like the occasional break to just breathe.  Oh well.

Back to that 2 week trial I'm going too.  Yeah, it's 4 hours away and I'll be staying overnight.  Insert problem here.  There is absolutely no way I can go without seeing my girls for 2 weeks.  NO.WAY!  I asked my boss if they could go and he, of course, said yes.  Which led me to my next problem - I'll be in court all day during the week.  My girls can't stay by themselves.  This is where I really had to swallow my pride, my pain and my feelings.  I broke down and invited my mother to go with us.  I'm now wondering if that was a good idea.  I guess we'll see come January 22.  I'm really hoping that Kyle is able to get some time off from work so that he can come down for the weekend and we take a trip to the beach.  (we're only an hour away from the beach during trial week)

As I mentioned today is 01.12.12 - my sweet grandfather, Pop, turns 81 today.  As I've always said, he's one of the kindest, most giving people I know.  I am so lucky to have had him in my life for as long as I have.  So Happy Birthday Pop!!!! Me, Kyle, Kaitlyn and Sienna love you so very much!!!
Pop and Nanny at Erik's birthday celebration 09.01.11

No comments: