I wanted to document them all here so I'll never forget each and everyone of them.
(1) November 20, 2009 - one day after we buried him. Kyle and I, along with the girls, decided that we needed to get out of town. We didn't go far and ended up at Target in Simpsonville. As we were heading home, Kyle stopped at a gas station to get us all a drink. When we got back on the road, Erik's song (Big Green Tractor) came on the radio. Kyle and I immediately started crying. In that instant, the volume on the radio went up. I looked at Kyle. He looked at me and asked if I had turned it up. I told him I hadn't. He reached over and turned the radio down. 2 seconds later, it was turned up again. It was then that I knew my boy was ok.
(2) This one didn't happen to me directly, but it happened nonetheless and I want to remember it. My grandparents (Nanny and Pop) have also lost a child. Their 15 year old son was killed in a hunting accident over 40 years ago. My grandmother was telling me that as she lay in bed one night, she felt a warm feeling on her hand. She opened her eyes and there was Erik standing by her bed smiling. She said she called out to him and all he said was "Nanny, I'm ok" and then he was gone.
(3) I'm always looking up to the sky for any kind of sign from Erik - from a beautiful sunset or sunrise or a cloud formation. I've been lucky enough to capture quite a few wonderful sky scenes.
|January, 2012 - the clouds make a very faint "E"|
(4) Then there's the whole BK Toy and Happy Feet 2. I get quite giddy when I see the girls' new penguin from Happy Feet whose name is Erik and my heart always skips a beat when the penguin says his name.
|This came in the girls' BK happy meal. I usually always throw the toys away, but something told me to open this one. I'm so very glad that I did!|
|My "Erik" penguin from Build-A-Bear (01.21.12)|
|Sienna riding "Little Bill"|
|Kaitlyn riding "Sweets"|
|The "orb" is directly in front of Kyle's chest and we're thinking that it's approximately the same height that Erik would be now.|
UPDATE - 03.19.12
(8) March 2, 2012 - Kyle and I along with the girls were across from our house playing in the field and on the haybales. I snapped this picture and it wasn't until a friend of mine pointed it out that I noticed that Erik was there with us.
(9) March 16, 2012 - Erik came to visit my bff, Sharon. She let the dogs out before going to work and there was an "E" as plain as day in the sky. She cussed because she didn't have her phone outside. As she was getting into her car to drive to work, the "E" was still there. She took this pic and like magic, the "E" drifted away and it was gone. She said it was Erik's way of patiently waiting for someone to get proof he was there. Once the proof was snapped, he moved along.