Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

Update on "Step"

Well, I survived Wednesday's appointment with the psychiatrist. It wasn't at all what I expected and to be quite honest, I left feeling like I wasted my time and money. :(

My appointment was at 3 p.m. and I was back in my car at 3:45 - if that tells you anything. Dr. K got some background info, changed my meds and suggested that I find a long term therapist. He didn't offer any names, but told me that if I hadn't found one when I came back to see him in 3 weeks that he would line me up with someone. Um... shouldn't he have suggested someone before I left??

Anyway. I texted Sharon and Heather and got some names for a good therapist. The one Sharon recommended isn't taking new patients, so I made an appointment with another counselor in her office. I go next week for my first session.

Which means being a nervous wreck AGAIN! Oh well, I know I need this, so I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to become present in my own life again.

Thank y'all so much for your thoughts and prayers! Just make sure y'all keep 'em coming!!

1 comment:

brigette said...

Praying for you during this hard step... I tried it about a year ago and guess I just wasnt ready.... ARRRG praying it goes much better for you!!