Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Updating

I guess I'm due for an update, huh? Oops - I get so tied up in reading the blogs that I follow that I forget to actually blog myself. I'll try to do better.

Kyle and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary last week. It was nice to go out to dinner without the girls and just spend time as a couple. We didn't do anything spectacular though. We had dinner at Wild Wing and shared some drinks (and shots!). We ended up having to go home early because of the girls, but it was all good.

Sienna has started playing t-ball on our church's t-ball team. It's the same team that Erik played on when he was 3 and 4. Our pastor decided that the team should be named after Erik. I love seeing his name on all of the kids' jersey's that play. It warms my heart seeing my baby girl playing on a team named after her brother! <3 I guess that's just another thing that she and him have in common. I guess I need to mention that she's a lefty just like he was! I can't wait to watch her play on Saturdays.

Kaitlyn is thankfully feeling much better. She isn't nearly as dramatic as she was in the 2 weeks that followed after her surgery. I honestly didn't think I would survive through the healing process. She still acts out in some crazy ways, but we've learned how to handle her outbursts. We just simply ignore her. I don't know if that's the best way, but that's what works for us.

Both of the girls are growing like weeds. Kaitlyn has the longest legs and Sienna is really starting to fill out. She's still a skinny little thing though. Their 3rd birthday is coming up and all of us are sooo excited! I think the girls have been asking me since January if they are 3 yet. I've finally convinced them that they are still 2 - even though they like to tell people that they are already 3. They are growing too fast as it is - I don't want them wishing away the next 2 or so weeks. They've decided on The Very Hungry Caterpillar as their birthday theme for this year. I have busted my butt hand-making each and every invitation and I have promised myself that I will NEVER do that again. Hand cutting a million circles and then having to glue each individual piece down and then put the whole caterpillar together has taken a long time to get done! I'm still not finished! Oh well - I'll do anything for my baby girls.

Let's see, what else.... I'm in the process of helping my sister pack my Mama's house up and get her moved into a new place. This is going to take forever might I add! My Mom has been living in her house for the past 30 years and let me just say that she is quite the hoarder! I can't stand junk and my Mama has plenty of it! My theory is that if you haven't used it in the last year, then you probably won't use it in the next year so either throw it away or donate it to someone who will use it. Unfortunately, nobody else in my family feels that way, so helping my Mama is like fighting a losing battle. I could quite possibly become an alcoholic before this move is over.

We're having our 1st Annual Pitts Family Reunion this weekend. It's going to be nice to see people that I don't get to see very often. I can't wait to see my cousin. She's pregnant with her first child and it'll be nice to talk to her about her pregnancy and what their future holds. We use to be best buds when we were little. She'd come spend the summers in WS with her grandmother and it was a rare occasion if we weren't together every day of the summer. Since we've grown up, we've went our different ways and have really lost touch. She lives in Raleigh - which is 6 hours away. And I've had kids since 2004 - she's just starting on her journey of being a parent. Maybe once she has her little girl, we can reconnect...

As far as how I'm doing - I've been having pretty good days here lately. I still have to take each day as they come, but I find myself thinking of Erik and smiling instead of crying. I still miss him like crazy and now that warmer weather is rolling around, it's hard to see all of the cousins playing and him not being right in the middle. I can only imagine the trouble he, Jake, Will & Chase would be getting in to. With all of the boys playing baseball, it really hurts knowing that Erik won't ever play again. I guess I will always wonder how good he would've been. He was the star that's for sure. I got about 115 pictures of Erik in the mail yesterday from Snapfish. I finally got around to ordering some since I had some coupons and it was really nice to be able to hold his pictures and just stare at them. I've still got thousands to print, but I figured this batch would give me a pretty good start when Sharon and I do our scrapbooking event in July.

I guess that's about it. The summer is approaching and I intend to stay busy most of the time. I can see a lot of lake days in our future and I can't wait!!!!

No comments: