Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

3 years

I can't believe that my sweet (most of the time) little girls are going to be 3 years old in 9 days. The past 3+ years have been crazy!!!! From finding out we were carrying twins and not miscarrying to surviving 37.2 long weeks of being pregnant with what turned out to be 14.8 lbs. of baby to watching them grow into their personalities - it surely has been an amazing experience watching them grow into almost 3 year olds.

I can remember the way it felt when they were kicking all around in my belly - it was the most amazing thing to watch my stomach move like that. As many times as we tried to catch on video, we always failed. Those little stinkers were already pulling tricks on us! I can remember the pain I was in towards the end. I felt like my pubic bone was going to snap in half at any given second. What use to take me 5 minutes to walk was starting to take around 20 minutes because the pain was so intense. With the size of my belly, I wasn't able to sleep much at all towards the end. I had TERRIBLE indigestion and spent most night sitting straight up in the recliner. Let's not forget that I was also staying at home and trying to take care of a 3 year old. Whew! It wasn't easy. But I do remember always taking him to school and having everyone comment on how big my belly was. His little face would just light up when he told them that his baby sisters were in my belly. Erik loved knowing his was going to be a big brother from the time he watched me pee on the pg test! He loved all babies, but he especially loved his sisters. He was an excellent big brother and I can only imagine the protector he would've been today!

Anyway - this post is suppose to be about Kaitlyn & Sienna. Back to remembering stuff! I remember my Mom taking me to my last appointment and asking if I thought I needed to take my bags. I told her no because they were just gonna send me home to be miserable a little longer. I couldn't have been more happy when Dr. Forrest said "ok, you've had enough - let's go have some babies". I don't think it hit me until I walked into the hospital that what I had been begging for was finally about to happen. I called Kyle and told him what was going on and I think he instantly panicked. I told him to take his time getting to the hospital because they weren't really going to do anything for a few more hours. Leave it to my body to make it a long drawn out process!!

I can remember being terrified of getting an epidural because of my experience with Erik. I was more scared of getting an epidural than I was of birthing 2 babies at once! Yeah, I know - C-R-A-Z-Y!!!! I finally got to the point that I couldn't get up and walk anymore because of my pubic bone and I nervously asked for the epidural. I was already to 7 cm, so I figured the next 3 cm would fly by. Negative!!!! Anyway - it finally came time to push and because I was considered "high risk", I had to deliver in the OR just in case I needed a c-section. I got wheeled into the OR, which was great because I didn't have to tell people that couldn't be in the room with me. But you better believe they were waiting right out the OR doors waiting on an unsuspecting nurse to come out with some good news. I told the nurses not to tell them anything until both of the girls were born, but that didn't happen. After both girls were born, I requested that Kyle and I have just a little bit of time with them before being jumped on by the crowd waiting outside. I remember the pure joy I felt as both girls were placed in my arms. It was something that I had never felt before. When the nurses finally wheeled me out into the hall and back to my room we practically had to push my family and friends out of the way. They couldn't get enough of my girls.


This is me the day I was put into labor. I was beyond miserable and so tired of being pregnant. I had been begging the dr. to take them for about 3 weeks at this point and when she finally told me it was time, I started sobbing!















This is our last picture as a family of 3. Erik was soooo excited about meeting his baby sisters!















Meet Miss Kaitlyn Della - born at 9:46 p.m. weighing in at an even 8 pounds!!!















I was instantly in love with her! My little chunky girl!



















Meet Miss Sienna Faith - born at 10:16 p.m. weighing in at 6.8 pounds!!!!















The moment I laid my eyes on her, I knew that our lives were complete. She looks so tiny after seeing how big Kaitlyn was!




















And just like that, we became a family of 5!
















This is straight out of delivery - in the hallway of course! That is a look of happiness on my face!

















Anyway - I'll continue to reminisce as it gets closer to their birthday. I can't wait to celebrate with them. It's not only their day, but it's also a day for me to celebrate the fact that I have successfully raised 2 independent, beautiful and happy little girls another year!




1 comment:

Kelly L Boots said...

I really enjoyed reading this post. I am a twin. My Mom did not even know she was having twins though. So she was pretty shocked when she delivered my sister and they realized she was still pregnant! I keep coming back to your blog because I had a brother who was 2 years older then my twin sister and I. He passed away 2 Months after we were born. I always wondered what it would have been like to have my big brother around. This past December I had a baby boy myself and I named him after my brother. I think about you and your family all the time.