Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Rainbow for Every Storm

That is the title on the post card I got in the mail on Wednesday.  It's actually an invite for a ceremony for the families of donors.

My heart sank and I felt like throwing up.  I've never received an invite until this year and according to the invite, this ceremony is an annual thing.  I wondered for a minute why I had never received another invite, but then my mind went right back to why I was receiving the invite in the first place.  My son is dead.

I showed the card to Kyle and he just kind of shrugged it off.  He didn't give me an answer either way about going.  Part of me would like to go, but the other part of me doesn't know if I'm at a point where I could handle going.

The ceremony is 2 days after Erik's 28th month angelversary.  I hate that I ALWAYS have to check dates on stuff now.  The first is always so bitter sweet because my son isn't another month older, but my girls are.  The 15th, well, I wish that day would just fall off the calendar all together.

I'm not even sure why I'm blogging about this, but I felt I needed to.  Just pray for me.

No comments: