Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

I'm finding it very hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just 2 days away. Where has 2010 gone??? Before we know it, Santa will be coming and we'll be welcoming 2011.

This past year has been one of the hardest that I've ever had to endure, but I'm very proud to say that as it comes to an end, I've came out of it with my head always held high! There have been some tough moments that have gotten me down, but I've tried very hard not to let Erik's death be the death of me. I've got 2 beautiful girls to live for. I've got 2 beautiful nieces that I love to pieces. I've got 3 nephews that I love to pieces as well. Not to mention the other members of my family and ALL of my wonderful friends.

There hasn't been a day this past year that I haven't shed a tear for Erik. He is always on my mind and always will be. I know that he watches down on me, Kyle, Kaitlyn and Sienna and I can feel him everywhere I go. I'm so thankful for all the wonderful memories that we had in such a short amount of time.

I've been posting every single day about something I'm thankful for. Some days have been off the wall stuff and other days have been things that I feel I honestly couldn't live without. I try my best to find something good in every single day - whether it be, the girls getting up and getting dressed without a fight, a busy day at work, a certain song coming on the radio when I need to hear it the most, or walking in the door after work to a great supper cooked by Kyle.

Anyway, the point of this post is to let everyone know that no matter how bad you think your life might be, you ALWAYS have something to be thankful for!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless it!! I need to hear that.....sometimes we take things for granted....I know I do... Love Angie

Anonymous said...

Well said. God never give us more than we can carry. Thank for sharing this with us.

Donna Higdon

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you do have so much to be thankful for. Everytime I see those little girls in church I envy you. I know you miss your little boy but you will see him again. Blessings to you, Kyle and the girls.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, I am inspired by you. I need to live more like this. I have become pessimistic lately and need to become more optomistic. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Jennifer Lindley