Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Capture Your Grief - Day 21


Day 21 - Altar/Shrine/Sacred Place


This is the curio cabinet we bought to put special things of Erik's in.  Each of the 5 shelves represents something he either loved or reminds us of him.

The first two shelves are things I've collected that remind me of Erik.

The third shelf are all the Big Green Tractors he had collected in his 5 years.  We've added a couple here and there, but most of them he already had.

The fourth shelf are his 4 wheelers and baseball memorabilia - including his glove, batting glove and bat.

The bottom shelf is his collection of Jimmie Johnson stuff.  Kyle has added quite a bit in the last 3 years, but just like the tractors, Erik had a good collection going already.

I love being able to see this shelf every single time we walk into the kitchen.  It means the world to me and I think I would honestly try to break my back to carry all of this out on my own if our house were to ever catch on fire.  Losing this shelf and all of it's contents would probably put me on over the deep end.

No comments: