Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

They are older now.

Another dreaded (yet celebrated) milestone....

They refused to stand beside each other.  Ha!
Today - my girls are officially older than their big brother.

Definitely a bittersweet day.

I'm just thankful that they still don't understand how important yesterday and today are/were.

When I got home from work yesterday, I was a nervous wreck waiting on them to get home from daycare (Kyle picks them up).  The second they pulled up, I felt like a ton had been lifted off of my shoulders.  I could see Sienna's little face light up and she started waving when she saw me.

Relief.

I stood on the porch and hugged them as tight as I could.  

They were home.  Safe and sound.  And alive.

I silently shed some tears and they were none the wiser. 

I chose not to work out last night and just soaked up the extra cuddles from my girls.  They sat in my lap for a long time just watching their shows on tv.  I debated letting them stay up late, but decided against it because I knew I would pay for their lack of sleep.

They went to bed and I hugged them a little tighter for a little bit longer than usual.

We survived 5 years, 2 months and 15 days.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

<3

Unknown said...

Milestones are so hard, but you're right. They're home, safe and sound. They're here and big brother watches over them every day. <3

TerinAleah said...

Praying for you every day, Ashley! <3

Jessica Rolfes said...

Xoxoxo