Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another Poem

I recently reached out to some other mom's who have lost a child/ren to see if they had any encouraging quotes/scripture/poems that I could use to memorialize Erik with on his 2nd Angelversary (which is coming A LOT quicker than I would like).

Someone offered this poem and I love it...



It isn't letting go
It's going on.
It isn't only shadows
And it isn't only dawn.
It isn't getting through it
It's letting it come through me
Not living in the darkness
Though the darkness I can see.
It's living with the sorrow
But finding memories sweet,
It's knowing that it takes both sides 
To make it all complete.
It's soaking up the sunshine
Along with the rain
It's learning to let laughter
Live side by side with pain.
It's knowing that the years 
Won't change a love that's real
Or take away the joy you brought
Or the sorrow that I feel.
It's knowing tears and laughter
Can live on the same face
And your impression on my heart
Can never be erased.




Do y'all have any others?


No comments: