Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Really?!

I absolutely can not believe that we are already in December. Where in the world has this year gone???? It seems like it has flown by, but other times, it seems like it's lasted an eternity.

My girls have grown so much over the last year and are steadily growing up in the blink of an eye. They'll be another year older before I know it. I haven't seen Erik in 382 days and it feels like it's been an eternity since I last seen his big brown eyes. I wonder if there is any way that I could reverse the two - you know, make my girls slow down on growing up and speed up time til I can see Erik again.... That would be great. I think.

There is no denying that this last year has been an extremely hard and trying one. I've faced challenges head on when I had no idea how I would EVER make it through. I've grown into a person I never thought I could be. I've accepted things I never wanted to accept. I've forgiven people that I never should have. I've experienced more pain and heart ache in one year than most people do in an entire lifetime. I have not let this last year define me or overtake me. Although there were times when doing so would've been the easy way out. I refused to cave because there are people who need me.

I'm looking forward to next year. I know it will come with it's own set of challenges and heart aches, but if I've survived the last 382 days, I feel like I can survive just about anything!

No comments: