Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, July 15, 2013

The same, but so much different.

Today.

Today is the day that I have dreaded for a very long time.  

Today, my sweet little girls are 

5 years, 2 months and 15 days old.  

The same age their big brother was when he left this Earth.

I can look at them and see so much of him.

They are so much like him, but even more different than he was.

Obviously.

They are my daughters.  He was is my sweet son.

Sienna has his silly personality and in my opinion looks JUST like him.

Kaitlyn has his loving nature.  Most people think she looks just like him.

She definitely has his ears.  Bless her sweet heart. ;)
07.15.13

I thought that I would be a blubbering mess today.

But, I'm not.  Not yet anyway.

The anticipation of the milestone is always harder than the actual day.

Double - edged sword, I suppose.

Today.

Thankful.

Blessed.

Grateful.

For the 5 years, 2 months and 15 days.


5 comments:

Kelly L Boots said...

Bittersweet. I am crying for/ with you today. My heart breaks for you and all you have lost. Love, hugs and prayers coming your way.

brigette said...

Bittersweet for sure! Your family is beautiful. Big hugs mama

The Howard Bunch said...

I am thinking of you, friend!!!!

Unknown said...

I love you, Ashley.

Unknown said...

I love you, Ashley.